3 Ingredient Low Carb Crack Chips
Ahh, yes I cannot even begin to explain how freaking fantastic these crack chips are!!!! I have been daydreaming about how to come up with a good potato chip substitute for ages! The majority of my concoctions have landed themselves into the waste basket! But this one is definitely a keeper! It does not actually taste like a potato chip, in fact, the flavor and crunch or so much yummier! If you like bacon and corn nuts, than you have got to try this recipe out for sure! It's got the crunch and delicious bacon flavor that I could not have even imagined until I made this batch up today! At only 1 gram of carbs per serving, (about 6 chips) you can afford to go a little wild and eat the whole batch! Well not exactly, But I was temped myself. I can't stop eating them!
super simple to make and only takes about 20 minutes until done. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Take 1 1/4 cups of pork scratchings or pork rinds, make sure they are plain and grind them down in a food processor. A small food processor works great. Dump those into a bowl and then grate down 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. I like to make the cheese finely grated as it mixes well with pork rinds. Mix them together and then add 2 tbsp of chives which is optional and mix thoroughly.
using a muffin top or muffin pan, sprinkle a small amount of mixture into each cup, only enough to cover bottom of pan. Make sure not to make to thick or pile mixture into muffin pan as the chips won't turn our as crispy. You can use a baking sheet, again same concept, don't pile mixture to high. you want the mixture to be a light layer for a crispy chip effect. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Let stand for a couple of minutes and ready to serve!
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Low Carb & Keto Recipes!
- 1¼ Cups Pork Scratchings or Pork Rinds - plain no season
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Chives (I used dried but you can use fresh as well)
- Add 1¼ cups pork scratchings/rinds into your food processor. I use the small 2 cup version and it does the job well. Grind you scratchings/rinds until fine and pour into a bowl.
- Grate 2 cups shredded cheese in your food processor and add to bowl of pork scratchings and mix well.
- add 2 tbsp of chopped chives and mix thoroughly.
- I use a muffin top pan but you can use a baking sheet if you don't have one. Take a small amount of your mixture, it should be crumbly but may be sticky and greasy dependent on your pork scratchings. I sprinkle enough crumbles into my muffin pan enough to cover the bottom. Note: do not pile to high as the chips won't thin out and won't be as crispy when they are thicker. If you are using a baking sheet make circular form but not to thick. You should get about 48 chips out of the mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges are crispy then remove from heat and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Ready to serve!