- 1 lb diced chicken
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 cups of frozen vegetables
- 1 pkg of puffed pastry dough
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 1 Pastry
- Greasse your pie dish with butter so pastry won't stick.
- Unroll puffed pastry dough and cut in half. Set half aside. Slightly roll out other half of pastry dough to fit your 9 inch pie dish and place dough to fit. Make small slits in the dough once in pie dish to prevent it from taking up to much puffy space.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Step 2 Chicken Filling
- While pastry is baking put diced chicken and onion in fry pan and cook till done continually stirring. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- When fully cooked at your frozen vegetables and mix together well and cook another 5 minutes
- Step 3 Sauce
- While chicken is cooking place your butter into a sauce pan.
- Once melted add flour and continually wisk until a think batter forms.
- Slowly add chick stock while continually whisking until absorbed. Once absorbed slowly add milk. let sit on low heat continually whisk until needed. Note: The sauce should be thicker than gravy consistency.
- Step 4 Out the Pie all Together
- Pour chicken and vegetable mixture into pie dish (over top the cooked pastry)
- Evenly pour your sauce over the top of the Chicken and Vegetable mixture.
- Roll out the other half of the puffed pastry to fit top of your pie and place on top of the pie pinching together around the edges. Also make some small slits in the top to let the steam out for a crispy crust.
- Place you pie in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste. When rolling out dough be sure to sprinkle some flour on both sides to prevent it from sticking.
Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Growing up I used to love the chicken pot pies that my mom used to pick up from the freezer section. The flakiness of the crust was always my favorite part. My rendition of the childhood favorite brings back memories of comfort food!
1. Grease pie pan with butter and set aside.
2. Unroll your puffed pastry roll and cut in half. Set one half to the side for later. Slightly roll out half the pastry dough making sure to lightly flour each side to prevent sticking.
3. Fit Rolled pastry dough into you buttered pie dish. Using a knife make a few slits on the bottom and sides of the dough to keep it's shape and then place in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden.
1. While your pastry is baking, place your chicken, chopped onion in a pan on low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and to stir until done.
2. When fully cooked add your frozen vegetables and continue to cook for another five minutes.
1. While your chicken mixture is cooking place your butter into a sauce pan. Once the butter has melted add your flour and continually whisk until you have a doughy consistency.
2. Slowly pour in your chicken stock while continuing to vigorously whisk making sure to whisk out lumps before you add more. Pour in milk and continue to whisk. The sauce should be a little thicker than gravy consistency.
1. Scoop the Chicken mixture into your pie pan. (over the top of the cooked pie crust)
2. Pour the sauce evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
3. Roll out the other half of your pastry dough to fit the top of your pie. Place on the top of your pie and pinch the edges all the way around the pan. Using a knife put slits into the top of the dough to allow the steam to escape while baking.
4. Place your pie in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy. When fully cooked take out of oven and let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Casserole Recipes!