Chicken Quesadilla Cloud - Low Carb & Keto Friendly
I have so been craving Mexican cuisine of any kind! Tacos, enchiladas you name it. I settled on trying to come up with a good low carb quesadilla recipe. This my friends has become my new favorite dish! I could eat this everyday! Well for a little while anyway before I get board. This recipe makes two quesadilla's and the serving size for the nutritional info is one, and trust me one is all you need. I was so stuffed when I was done pigging out! The total cars for one quesadilla is 3.2 grams. If you love quesadilla's than this ought to be a nice treat for you! If you need to cut carbs from this recipe you can forgo the sour cream and shave of 0.4 grams of carbs.
It's really easy to make however, making the cloud bread for larger size does take some time as you may only be able to bake one at a time.
The cloud bread is super simple. If you have made before, this one is a little modified. With your 3 eggs separate the egg yolks from the egg whites set aside. Grate 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese. I like to grate the cheese in food processor for cloud bread as it blends easier and more even. It also taste a little nicer. Mix the 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp almond flour, 1 tbsp baking powder (make sure no carb brand) and 3 tbsp cream cheese into your egg yolks until blended well.
Beat egg whites until stiff and they from peaks. Fold in egg yolk mixture until blended well. This recipe should make 4 large cloud breads. Using a table spoon scoop out about 5 tbsp of egg mixture onto your non stick baking sheet. I use the back of the spoon lightly moving batter around in a circular motion to create a large circle and form a thinner cloud bread. Pop in your pre-heated oven (350 degrees F) and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
Dice up your chicken, season to taste and cook with 1 tbsp of oil until well done. Chop your spring onions and set both aside. Now you are ready to make your quesadilla's!
Add 1 tbsp of oil to your pan and place your cloud bread with top cloudy part face down. Sprinkle 3/4 cups of cheddar cheese, covering the top of the cloud bread. Layer half your chicken breast and then about half your spring onions, sprinkle a pinch more cheese and put another cloud bread over the top. Place a lid over your pan and cook for 2 minutes. Using a large spatula, carefully flip your quesadilla and cook another 2 minutes. Top off with some sour cream and left over spring onions! Viola! There you have it, one yumalicious quesadilla! Repeat for a second quesadilla or save ingredients for one later!
Chicken Quesadilla on a Cloud - Low Carb & Keto Friendly Is super yummy and hope you enjoy this recipe! Please feel free to leave feedback. I learn from you as much as you learn from me!
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- ½ Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp baking powder - 0 carb brands only
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flour
- 2 Scallions or Spring Onions chopped
- 2 Large Chicken Breast Diced
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp oil - olive oil or oil of choice
- Dash of garlic salt or season of choice.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In two bowl separate 3 egg whites from egg yolks.
- Place ½ cup of cheddar cheese in food processor to grate finely.
- Add 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 tbsp almond flour, ½ cup grated cheddar cheese and 3 tbsp cream cheese to the eggs yolks and mix well. Set aside
- Beat egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks.
- Add egg yolk mixture to egg white whites and mix well until completely blended.
- Spoon ¼ of egg mixture to make 1 tortilla onto a non stick baking pan. I counted out 5 tbsp for each tortilla and this should come out to 4 tortilla total.
- With a spoon in a circular motion even out egg mixture to form a large circle the size of the tortilla you would like.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes (Note: since cloud bread larger than normal I was only able to Bake 1 tortilla at a time so this may take some time to bake 4)
- Once tortillas are done stack up on plate and set aside to cool.
- Dice 2 chicken breast up and place in a heated skillet with a tbsp of oil. Season with a dash of garlic salt or season of choice. Once fully cooked set aside.
- Chop up 2 spring onions set aside
- Heat up skillet on medium heat and pour in 1 tbsp of oil into pan.
- place 1 cloud bread bread with cloudy side down in pan.
- Cover entire area of cloud bread with ¾ cups of cheddar cheese. Layer ½ chicken over the top of the cheese and then half of the spring onions. sprinkle a pinch of cheddar cheese on top and place 2nd cloud bread over the top. Place a cover over skillet and let cook for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melting. With a large spatula carefully flip quesadilla over and cook another 2 minutes. remove from skillet and repeat for the next quesadilla.
- On your place use a pizza cutter as it's easier to cut quesadilla in half and top with a dollop of sour cream and more spring onions if you would like.
To Bring carb count down you can skip the sour cream and this will bring recipe to 2.8 g carbs.
Almond flour and baking powder are optional. I grate the cheese in the cloud bread so it mixes well and evenly in the egg mixture and also gives a nice flavor masking the eggy taste.