Delicious Grilled Mozzarella Caprese
After a long dreary Winter of filling my boots with soups and Casseroles, my crockpot needs a break! The days are getting longer and the sun is showing more and more of it's beautiful face and what could better than having a nice treat that just plain old taste like spring. This is the time of year I start craving all the goodies from the garden. Since it's only planting season, I'll have to settle for the produce section for the fresh goodness of the Grilled Mozzarella Caprese! Not to toot my own horn, but let me be the first to say, Yummy! Caprese gone wild! After all melted fresh mozzarella is way better than eating it as is, well any cheese is good all melty. Anyway, this my friends is Wonderful!
Prior to putting the Caprese together the first thing to do is getting everything sliced up. Slice your tomato, Fresh Mozzarella Ball and Vidalia Onion. You should get 4 to 6 slices of each. Make sure not to slice to thick as this will change carb count, Slices should be about 1/8th of an inch.
Saturate your onions slices in 2 tbsp of basil infused olive oil and place on the grill for 10 minutes or on a cookie sheet under your broiler. Remove after 10 minutes and set aside.
Place your tomato slices on the grill or on your cookie sheet and stack mozzarella and then onion of top. Grill or broil for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melting down side of tomato. Remove from heat and place on your serving dish. Top Caprese off with 2 tbsp of basil infused olive oil and then fresh basil and Wallah, the perfect appetizer for your diner party or just a nice snack to share with friends!
Enter your text here...
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Low Carb Recipes!
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 Fresh Mozzarella Ball
- 1 Medium/Large Vidalia Onion (enough for 4 slices)
- 6 to 8 Basil Leaves depending on size
- 4 Tbsp Basil Infused Olive Oil
- Slice up Tomato, Onion and Mozzarella Balll. The serving size will depend on how large your ingredients are. You should get 4 to 6 servings (each serving being 1 Caprese) Chop up Basil for final touch.
- Place onions on a baking sheet and soak with 2 tbsp of basil infused olive oil. Broil in oven for about 10 minutes or until onions are soft. You can also grill, which is yummier by soaking onions in oil and then placing on grill. Remove onions from heat and set aside.
- Lay your sliced tomato's on a baking sheet and place a slice of Fresh Mozzarella on top. Then place your grilled onion on top of Mozzarella. Pop them back in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melty. You can also set back on grill.
- Once cheese is melting down sides of tomato remove from heat and use a spatula to place on your serving plate and drizzle with Basil infused olive oil and top off with your chopped Fresh Basil.