Delicious Meatball Lasagna!
Lasagna happens to be one of my favorite meals. Growing up my siblings and myself used to beg my mom to make it for dinner. If she said Lasagna tonight all our eyes perked up and big smiles across our faces. I still hang on to my moms original recipe but have come up with a few of my own over the years. I'm a huge meatball fan and thought it was a good idea to mix the meatballs into the Lasagna and was not disappointed on how delicious it was. It pairs perfectly with my Toasted Parmesan Garlic Baguettes and a nice glass of wine!
Making the Meatballs!
1. Mince 1/2 onion and place in a bowl with your minced beef or pork add 1 egg and mix together well.
2. Add Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste, mix well! Form small meatballs about a teaspoon size and place on your baking sheet. You should get about 24 meatballs.
3. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes or until done.
Making the Lasagna Mixture
4. In a bowl mix together you cottage cheese, eggs and Italian season to taste! Mix Well.
5. Add in 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and mix well.
6. Add your chopped spinach and mix well.
7. Add in your favorite pasta or spaghetti sauce mix well.
8. Take your 4 lasagna noodles and break up into small pieces and add to mixture mixing well.
Putting it All Together
9. Pour half of your lasagna mixture into your baking pan
10. Place you meatballs on top of the mixture in rows, and then cover the meatballs with the remaining lasagna mixture.
11. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the cheese on top is golden. Let set for 5 to 10 minutes and ready to serve!
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Recipes!
- 1 lb minced beef (can use minced pork or mix)
- ½ onion medium
- 2½ cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups spinach shredded loosely packed
- 1 16oz jar of your favorite pasta sauce - spaghetti sauce
- 4 lasanga pieces of lasnga pasta
- Italian season and salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs
- - Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Meat Balls
- Mince ½ onion and place in bowl with minced beef add Italian season, salt and pepper to taste and 1 egg. Mix well.
- Form small meatballs about a teaspoon size. You should get 24 meatballs. Place on baking pan and put in oven for 20 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Lasagna - while meatballs are cooking.
- Pour cottage cheese and 2 eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1½ cups of mozzerella cheese and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese and mix in well.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well
- Add your favorite pasta sauce - making sure everything is mixed together well.
- Break up the lasnaga noodles into small peices and add to mixture and mix together well.
- Put Lasagna Together
- Pour half of your lasagna mixture evenly in your baking pan.
- Place meatballs in rows on top of lasagna mixture.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the top and place in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Once cooked take out of oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes to let set and ready to serve.