Fresh Strawberry Tart
One of the best parts about springtime is fresh strawberries and what could be better than a fresh strawberry pie or tart? Strawberries are naturally sweet and delicious! The strawberry tart recipe is so easy to make in just minutes. The longest part is sitting around and waiting for the jello to set. If you don't have a tart pan, you can easily just use a pie pan or even a cake pan.
This is a recipe that I have been making for years. Since these days, I stay as low carb as possible, I thought this recipe would be easy to convert and still taste great! Simply just omit the brown sugar from the crust or use your favorite sugar substitute. Also you should use a sugar free jello for a total of 4.4 grams of carbs per serving versus 22.8 grams. The flavor is still wonderfully light, springy and taste oh so good!
I actually put both versions for this tart together on one recipe card for non dieters and low carb because I love it so much. I make this full sugar for my fiance who loses weight just crawling out of bed in the morning and then one for myself sugar free. It's really a win win situation because that way I get the whole tart to myself!
Making the crust is super simple. Just mix together 2 cups of almond flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. (Note: omit sugar for low carb or use substitute) Add in 1 tsp of vanilla and then cut in 1/3 cups of butter. You can use a bit more butter but don't use more than a 1/2 cup as it will make your crust soggy and greasy. Once you have formed a sticky dough consistency press the crust out onto your non stick tart pan until it evenly covers the bottom and side of the pan. Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or util the crust is crisp and golden brown.
For the filling slice up 2 cups of strawberries. Prepare your jello mixture per the package directions and let cool and thicken. Place your strawberries flat and even onto your tart crust. Pour your jello mixture evenly over the strawberries until it is just level under the first layer of strawberries. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until the jello is set and then the tart is ready to devour!
- 2 Cups almond flour
- ⅓ Cups butter
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- ½ Cups brown sugar (omit sugar for low carb or use sugar substitute)
- 2 Cups sliced strawberries
- 1 Package of Strawberry Jello (use sugar free jello for low carb)
- In a Bowl mix together 2 cups of almond flour and ½ cups of brown sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Cut in ⅓ cups of butter and blend until it forms a sticky dough. ( You can add more butter if needed but not to much or crust will be soggy.
- Press your dough into a non stick tart pan making sure to cover the bottom and edges.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Slice up 2 cups of strawberries
- Prepare strawberry jello per package directions and set aside.
- Fill your tart crust with the sliced strawberries laying them out flat and evenly over the crust.
- Pour your jello mixture over the tops of the strawberries until the jello is just under the top layer.
- Refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours and ready to serve.