Italian Sub Pinwheels - Low Carb and Keto Friendly
Back at the snacking again! Since I hardly feel hungry on the keto diet, I rarely eat a full meal. I seem to be more of a grazer and snacker as you most likely figured out through the recipes that I have been sharing. These Italian Sub Pinwheels are amazing. I love Italian subs, especially Jimmy John's which are not on the low carb plan. Everything is here minus the bread and you know what? I didn't even miss the bread! These beauties tasted just like an Italian Sub! Great flavor even if your not on a low carb diet. They are perfect as an appetizer or your next hit at your office potluck!
- 5 oz salami
- 4 oz ham slice thin
- ¼ cup chopped lettuce
- 3 pepperoncini or banana peppers chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes sliced thin
- 2 small shallots chopped
- 1 Tbsp basil infused olive oil
- 4 Tbsp cream cheese - (the whipped kind spread easier)
- Divide your salami into 4 even stacks. Take your first stack of salami and layer in a row so the edges are overlapping. Take another stack of salami and layer a second row so that both layers are overlapping each other as in photo above. Repeat with the remainder of the salami. you should have two set of of wide rows of salami.
- Spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese on your salami rolls (1 tbsp for each row)
- Layer your ham slices in the center over the top of the cream cheese.
- Spread 2 more tbsp of cream cheese over the ham (1 tbsp for each row)
- Layer lettuce, tomatoes, shallots and peppers evenly on your salami and ham rows just offset from the center to one side.
- Drizzle your basil infused olive oil over your salami rolls.
- Peel up your salami on one side and fold over your insides of pinwheels shaping with your hands and continue to roll until all you can see is the salami with everything else in the middle.
- Slice Salami roll into about 1 inch thick pinwheels and place on your serving dish and ready to serve.
Serves 6 to 8 depending on the size of salami.