Low Carb Tortilla Chips
Low Carb Corn Tortilla Chips was created to quench my crazing for Mexian food! For days, I was dreaming of a way to quench my for Mexican food cracing without falling of the low carb wagon. Then it hit me, I have been making all sorts of crackers and flat breads, why not just add the taco seasoning, But then I thought, It's just not the same as corn tortillas so to get the flavor without sacrificing the high content of sugar and carbs, I though just a couple of tablespoons of corn should do the trick in terms of flavor.
Boy, was I not disappointed! There were so good and I happily my new low carb corn tortillas with a side of homemade guacamole! Give them a try and let me know what you think? There chips are perfect for any occasion. They go well with your favorite dips or salsa. Hope you enjoy!
1. Using a small food processor grate your cheese, you can also use a block of cheese and hand grate as well. It should be fine in order to mix well and evenly with egg mixture.
2. Remove cheese from processor and mince your corn, set aside.
3. Place your egg yolks in a bow and beat vigorously until it becomes stiff and forms bubbles on top.
4. Pour cheese, corn, egg, taco season and coconut flour into egg mixture and mix well.
5. Knead dough with your hands until you form a firm ball of dough. Note you can separate dough into your desired sized for chips.
6. Spray your non stick pan with cooking spray and flatten out your dough on pan forming a circle. Place a piece of wax paper or cling wrap paper over top of dough and roll out with rolling pin. The barrier helps from sticking to rolling pin and minimizes use of flour.
7. Using a pizza cutter, pre-cut dough into wedges. This makes it easier to cut when finished baking.
8. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until tortilla's chips appear crisp.
9. Remove from oven and re-cut along previous cuts with your pizza cutter and ready to serve!
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Low Carb Keto Recipes!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1½ Cups grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned corn heaping
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Grate your cheddar cheese, if a bag of pre shredded cheese, place cheese in a food processor until finely grated. Place in a bowl and set aside and then put your 2 tablespoons of corn in food processor until finely chopped.
- Place 3 egg yolks in a bow and beat vigorously until stiff and little bubbles form.
- Add grated cheese and mix well, then add corn, taco seasoning and coconut flour. Knead mixture until you can form a dough ball.
- Spray your non stick baking sheet with cooking spray and place your dough ball on the pan with a piece of wax paper or saran wrap over the top.
- Roll dough ball as flat as you can and try to form a circle. depending on the size of chips you want you can split the dough ball into 2 sections.
- Using a pizza cutter cut dough as you would a pizza in desired size of chips and then place in oven for 20 minutes or until they look crisp.
- Let cool and re-cut with pizza cutter tracing the previously cut lines and ready to serve.