Parmesan Crusted Eggplant Fries - Loving Low Carb
Some day I will figure out how to make yummy french fries that taste like the real thing and are low carb. For now these tasty little numbers will have to do! In fact, the Parmesan Crusted Eggplant Fries are quite delicious if I do say so myself! They're also quite easy to make. Try out these beauties next time, If you're looking for a nice side dish to compliment your next low carb meal.
Step 1 - Prepare your Eggplan Fries by cutting your eggplant in half and then cutting into strips to resemble fries. Lay your fries out on a cutting board or other surface and lightly salt to remove moisture. let sit out for 1 to 2 hours. The longer the better for a crispier fry. When your fries are done resting take a cheese cloth or cotton dish towel and squeeze out any excess water and pat dry. Note: They may turn a little brown while resting and is perfectly normal.
Step 2 - Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a plastic or zip lock bag add 3 tbsp of olive oil or oil of choice. In a separate zip lock mix together 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbsp of almond flour or pork ground pork rinds and salt and pepper to taste. Take your fries and toss them into the bag of oil and toss bag and make sure all fries are coated well. Take the fries out of the oil bag and then put into your Parmesan batter and shake bag, kinda like shake and bake. Make sure all side are coated well. Lay out onto your baking sheet and place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Remove from heat and ready to serve.
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Low Carb Keto Recipes!
- 1 Small Eggplant
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Almond Flour or Ground Pork Rinds
- 3 Tbsp olive oli
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare eggplant by cutting in half and then slicing into smaller pieces in the shape of french fries. Layout on a cutting board or other surface and lightly salt to remove excess moisture.
- Let fries sit out for 1 to 2 hours. The longer the better to dry out the fries so they are not soggy.
- Use a cotton dish towel or cheese cloth to squeeze out and extra water from eggplant after 1 to 2 hours.
- Place 3 tbsp of olive oil in a zip lock bag. In another zip lock mix together ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, 2 tbsp of almond flour or ground pork rinds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place your fries in the bag of oil and shake and move around to make sure you cover all your fries on each side entirely.
- Next put the fries into your Parmesan Cheese mixture and shake bag, kind of like shake and bake until all the sides and edges are thoroughly coated.
- Lay the fries out onto your baking sheet and place in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Remove from heat and ready to serve.