Rustic Philly Cheese Steak – Low Carb & Keto
Philly Cheese Steak anyone? Yes please! Truly one of my favorite meals, but unfortunately does not exactly fit into a low carb lifestyle. That is until now! But don't worry, if your not living a low carb lifestyle this Rustic Philly Cheese Steak is Awesome in all it's goodness and a perfect meal for anyone!
The total time in putting this dish together is about 30 to 45 minutes. It's quite easy to make so don't be discouraged by all the steps. I promise you will love it and well worth a try! It's low carb and Keto friendly with 5.9 grams of carbs per serving. Which is not to bad for such a filling dish!
Start off by preparing the flat bread. In a bowl combine your mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and place in microwave for a minute and half. Stirring every 30 seconds. Remove from the micro and add your almond flour and salt and mix well. Add in an egg and mix. Add 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of vinegar and mix until completely mixed.
Here is the fun part. Your dough is going to be very sticky for this process I use olive oil to keep my finger tips oily throughout the rest of the process. Divide your dough into 4 equal parts. Oil up your finger tips and take your first part of dough and place on a greased baking sheet. Using your finger tips press and shape dough into a large circular form, pushing from the center to the outer edges. Repeat with the rest of the dough and then place in oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool.
While your bread is baking, place your ground steak or beef in a skillet on medium heat. Add in 3 chopped shallots or 1 small onion and your mushrooms. When your beef is halfway browned add in your green pepper and finish browning meat. When completely cooked set aside.
Once your bread and beef mixture area ready grab a sauce pan to make the cheese sauce. On low heat add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. Once butter is melted add in your cheese and continually stir scraping the sides of the pan until the cheese is completely melted.
Now that all the prep work is done, your all set to put your Rustic Philly Beef Steaks together for a fine meal! Use a shallow bowl or plate and grab one flat bread and fill with your beef mixture and then top off with the cheese sauce. Repeat with the other 3 flat breads. There you have it ready to serve one lovely and completely filling dinner for 4!
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more Low Carb & Keto Recipes!
Beef and Cheese Sauce Nutrition Facts
Bread Nutrition Facts
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Tsp salt
- olive oil or some form of oil for your fingers.
- 1 lb Ground Steak or Ground Beef
- ½ Green Pepper Thinly Sliced
- ½ Cup Button Mushrooms Sliced in Half
- 3 Shallots or 1 small onion
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Mozzarella/Provolone or Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp butter
- In a blow add 1½ cups of shredded mozzarella and 4 tbsp of cream cheese. Mix together well and place in microwave to melt cheese for about 1½ minutes stirring in between about every 30 seconds.
- Once melted stir well and add 1 cup of almond flour and ½ tsp salt mix well. Add in 1 egg continue mixing.
- Add in 1 tbsp of baking soda and 1 tbsp of vinegar, mix well .
- Lightly spray your baking pan with non stick oil. This recipe should make 4 medium size circular flat breads. Note: The dough is extremely sticky and you will have to form with your hands.
- Take some olive oil or other oil to coat your finger tips to keep dough from sticking. Break dough up into 4 equal parts. Take the first part of the dough and place on your baking sheet. Now, use your oiled finger tips to press and shape dough out into flat circles the size of bread you would like to have. Continue with the rest of the dough. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat when done and set aside to cool. The bread with have a pancake feel and appearance as the vinegar and baking soda work to create a fluffy rising effect on the bread.
- On medium heat add 1 lb of ground steak or beef to your skillet along with 3 chopped shallots or 1 small onion and ½ cup of button mushrooms cut in half. When beef is almost thoroughly cooked add in ½ of a thinly sliced green pepper.
- While the beef is cooking in a sauce pan add 1 tbsp of butter and 1 cup of heavy whipping cream. stir until butter is melted.
- Add in 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and continually stir until completely melted.
- In a shallow bowl or plate fill your flat bread with ¼ of the beef mixture and top off with the cheese sauce and repeat for the other 3 flat breads. Ready to serve.