- 6 large mushrooms
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups of chopped fresh spinach
- 3 spring onions
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 5 oz whipped cream cheese (I use herb flavored)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- preheat oven 375 degrees
- cook sausage on low heat until well done
- While the sausage is cooking chop your fresh spinach and spring onions and put into mixing bowl
- Add mozzarella to mixing bowl with spinach and mix well
- Add cream cheese to mixture and pour cooked sausage over the top to soften the cream cheese and then mix all ingredients well.
- Place mushrooms on a muffin pan with the stems cut out and spoon the mixture into each mushroom
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of stuffed mushroom
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown
- Season sausage to taste, salt, pepper or any other spice you prefer. Muffin pans work well for catching juices from mushrooms but you can use a baking sheet if you prefer.
Delicious Low Carb, Keto Friendly Sausage Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms
I absolutely love stuffed mushrooms of all variations. The Sausage Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms are so delicious and flavorful! Serve them up as a meal or a side dish. They are sure to become a favorite! There low in carbs and perfect for any occasion!
1. Cook your sausage on low heat until golden brown
2. Chop Fresh Spinach and Green Onions and put into a mixing bowl add mozzarella cheese and mix well
3. Add cream cheese and pour cooked sausage over the top to soften the cream cheese and mix well
4. Take the stems out of the mushrooms and place them on top of a muffin pan. Mushrooms hold so much water and this pan is perfect for catching the juices and preventing your mushrooms from getting soggy. Then you can take your mixture and stuff the mushrooms overfilling the top.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top and place in oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you!