Simply Perfect Low Carb Lemon Bars
Lemons bars are such a delight. They happen to top my list of favorite treats pre-low carb! It's hard to believe something so good could be so low in carbs. The simplicity and deliciousness of this recipe will leave you making these bars over and over again.
I have to admit, when I try something new, I'm always like, I hope it turns out. I have a lot of fails! Like seriously major fails that never make the blog. But lately I've been on a role and couldn't be more excited about these bars. Especially since I love them so much and wanted to figure out a low carb way without sacrificing the taste!
There should be 15 servings of 1 bar per serving for this recipe. Please note that I tend to stay away from sugar substitutes if I can. The only time I use them is if I am planning on sharing my goods. So the nutritional information listed below is calculated without the sugar substitute. You can however add Swerve or any other favorite sugar substitute if you would like. Keep in mind this does raise the carb count a little bit.
Bon Appetit! Hope you enjoy these. Please feel free to leave feedback or rate this recipe. I would love to hear how they turn out for you! Click here for more delicious Low Carb & Keto Recipes!
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- ½ Cups Butter
- 2 Tbsp Swerve Optional
- ⅓ Cups Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice - about 4 Large Lemons
- 9 Ounces or 1 Cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 Large Eggs
- 4 Tbsp of Swerve - Optional and not included in nutritional fact.
- Mix together 2 cups of almond flour and ½ cups of butter. You will need to mash and mix well to get the butter fully integrated with the almond flour. If you prefer a sweeter taste you can add 2 tbsp of Swerve or other sweetener of choice.
- Press crust dough down into a greased 8 x 12 cake pan and bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until crust turns golden brown and edges start to look crispy. Take out of oven and move onto next step.
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup of Mascarpone cheese, ⅓ cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 2 large eggs. Optional for more sweetness to add 2 heaping tbsp of swerve or other sugar substitute.
- Mix well until all the Mascarpone cheese is blended and pour mixture over your crust. Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out of oven and let cool. Keep refrigerated, taste best once completely cooled and refrigerated.
- serving size is 1 bar and there should be 15 serving per recipe. The nutritional facts are without swerve or sugar substitute so keep in mind that if you do add swerve which is entirely optional it will up the carb count by a minimum of 1 gram.