Strawberry Cheesecake Bars - Low Carb & Keto Friendly
Cheesecake! Yes please! Two things I love Strawberries and Cheesecake all rolled into one! The best part? It's sweet enough without the added sugar for a delicious low carb treat! Note: This super easy recipe is versatile and you can add sugar if your not bothered by the carbs, There are directions in the notes of the recipe card. This recipe is so absolutely fabulous! I could have eaten the whole pan in one sitting but had to restrain myself! Even my fiance who does not follow my low carb garbage as he calls it, loved it and said the crust was really amazing!
Making the crust and filling for the strawberry cheesecake bars is so super simple. Just simply mix your butter and almond flour and then press into your non-stick cake pan. Make sure to grease your pan, I use butter so the crust does not stick. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and let cool.
In another bowl, combine your cream cheese, egg, vanilla extract and extra heavy whipping cream. Once thoroughly mixed fold in your strawberries and pour over the crust. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes let cool and refrigerate. The bars are ready to serve within an hour. If using a cake pan you should get 15 bars with the nutritional info on the recipe card equating to 1 bar per serving, with 2.8 grams of carbs per serving!
- 2 Cups almond flour or finely crushed almonds
- ½ Cup butter
- 2 Cups chopped strawberries
- 1 Cup cream cheese or 8 oz
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp extra heavy whipping cream
- Mix 2 cups of almond flour and ½ cup of butter thoroughly until you have a thick sticky ball of badder.
- Scoop your crust batter into a nonstick greased cake pan and press out firmly until the entire bottom of the pan is covered.
- Place in your pre-heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes until color turns golden then take out and let cool.
- In a bowl mix together 1 cup cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of extra heavy whipping cream. Mix well until you see no lumps.
- Fold in 2 cups of strawberries.
- Pour filling over the top of your crust making sure to level filling so it covers the entire crust.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Take out and let cool.
- Once cooled, refrigerate and ready to serve in an hour.
This recipe is absolutely delicious for anyone whether on a low carb diet or not. If you are missing the sugar, simply add ¼ cup brown sugar to crust and ¼ cup of white sugar to the filling.